Choosing the right wedding venue can be overwhelming. With so many options available, you can easily get buried in details. After all, planning a wedding is no easy task. When you are at the wedding venue researching and viewing phase, note that you should ideally ask a lot of questions about the venue. We put together some of the most important questions you should be asking your wedding venue rep to put your mind at ease.
The Crucial Points
- How many guests can be accommodated on the day and overnight?
- Is my chosen date available? If not, is there a good alternative?
- Is the venue licensed for civil ceremonies? If I would like a religious ceremony, are there options nearby?
- Can we book the venue on an exclusive use basis?
- Who will be our specific contact at the venue?
- Do you have a list of recommended suppliers? Do we have to use these suppliers or can we bring in our own caterers, florists etc?
- What are the options if it rains? Can any planned outdoor celebrations be brought inside?
- Is there enough parking for our guests? Can they leave their cars overnight?
- Is there disabled access?
- When is the deposit due and when should we pay our final amount?
- Are there any other fees like VAT or service charges?
- Are there any venue restrictions we should be aware of?
- What time can we arrive on the morning of the wedding?
- Can we get ready at the venue if we would like to? Is there a bridal preparation space with dressing tables and a full length mirror?
- Will we have any help with decorating the venue?
- Which spaces work well for a wedding ceremony?
- Can you put us in touch with a registrar?
- How many guests will be able to be seated?
- What are the options for music during our ceremony?
The Wedding Breakfast
- What are the menu options?
- Will we have a tasting event to help us select our menu?
- Can you cater for guests with dietary requirements?
- Is there a children’s menu?
- Can we bring in our own drinks?
- What size and shape are the tables?
- Do we need to hire our own linen, glassware and crockery?
- Do you have a cake stand and knife?
The Evening Celebration
- Are there any restrictions with entertainment? Can we have a band?
- What are the options for a bar? Do you serve cocktails?
- What are the evening dining choices?
- When does the bar close and what time will our music need to stop in the evening?
Spending the Night
- How many guests can spend the night?
- Is there a honeymoon suite?
- Do you serve breakfast the following morning?
- What time do we need to leave the venue?
- Is there any self-catering accommodation? Can we, or our guests, stay longer than one night?